Mar 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Since announcing last week that he planned to shave his head for charity Joe Maddon has talked “more than 20 players” into joining him to raise money for pediatric cancer research, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
It’s like Demi Moore in “GI Jane” – if you’re good-looking, you’re good-looking. Those of us who are not, we have something to be concerned with.
Maddon also said he might stick with the shaved-head look for a while and “just paint the top of my head black or brown or something.” And he might also hold “hat-less workouts” so everyone learns how to properly apply sunblock. Seriously.
Incidentally, when “GI Jane” came out in 1997 … Matt Moore was eight years old.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 0
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)