Mar 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Since announcing last week that he planned to shave his head for charity Joe Maddon has talked “more than 20 players” into joining him to raise money for pediatric cancer research, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
It’s like Demi Moore in “GI Jane” – if you’re good-looking, you’re good-looking. Those of us who are not, we have something to be concerned with.
Maddon also said he might stick with the shaved-head look for a while and “just paint the top of my head black or brown or something.” And he might also hold “hat-less workouts” so everyone learns how to properly apply sunblock. Seriously.
Incidentally, when “GI Jane” came out in 1997 … Matt Moore was eight years old.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 0
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 9
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 171
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (171)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)