Mar 13, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Since announcing last week that he planned to shave his head for charity Joe Maddon has talked “more than 20 players” into joining him to raise money for pediatric cancer research, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
It’s like Demi Moore in “GI Jane” – if you’re good-looking, you’re good-looking. Those of us who are not, we have something to be concerned with.
Maddon also said he might stick with the shaved-head look for a while and “just paint the top of my head black or brown or something.” And he might also hold “hat-less workouts” so everyone learns how to properly apply sunblock. Seriously.
Incidentally, when “GI Jane” came out in 1997 … Matt Moore was eight years old.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)