Mar 13, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez‘s playing time in big-league camp will be limited going forward because the A’s need to give at-bats to players who aren’t suspended for the first 50 games of the season.
Ramirez has just eight at-bats in major-league games so far and manager Bob Melvin told Jane Lee of MLB.com that most of his action will come in minor-league games. And according to Melvin at least, Ramirez is enthusiastic about that plan:
He wants to go over there. He tells me, “Hey look, don’t worry about me. I know you’re under the gun to get other guys at-bats.” He’s been great about that.
If true, that’s certainly a different version of Ramirez than the one often painted by the media, although at this point he doesn’t have much of a choice.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)