Mar 13, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Teagarden is scheduled to be examined by a back specialist “to go over options” and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com writes that there’s “no talk of surgery yet.” Yet being the key word, of course.
If healthy Teagarden is in line to back up Matt Wieters after the Orioles acquired him from the Rangers in December.
Teagarden has hit just .220 in 118 games as a big leaguer, but his .703 OPS is decent for a catcher and he’s good defensively behind the plate. Ronny Paulino and John Hester are the Orioles’ other catching options.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 13
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 51
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 45
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)