Mar 13, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Teagarden is scheduled to be examined by a back specialist “to go over options” and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com writes that there’s “no talk of surgery yet.” Yet being the key word, of course.
If healthy Teagarden is in line to back up Matt Wieters after the Orioles acquired him from the Rangers in December.
Teagarden has hit just .220 in 118 games as a big leaguer, but his .703 OPS is decent for a catcher and he’s good defensively behind the plate. Ronny Paulino and John Hester are the Orioles’ other catching options.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)