Mar 13, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Teagarden is scheduled to be examined by a back specialist “to go over options” and Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com writes that there’s “no talk of surgery yet.” Yet being the key word, of course.
If healthy Teagarden is in line to back up Matt Wieters after the Orioles acquired him from the Rangers in December.
Teagarden has hit just .220 in 118 games as a big leaguer, but his .703 OPS is decent for a catcher and he’s good defensively behind the plate. Ronny Paulino and John Hester are the Orioles’ other catching options.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 41
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)