Mar 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Nolan Reimold was hit in the face by a pitch Friday, but the Orioles outfielder somehow avoided a serious injury and is back in the lineup today.
So he’s good to go and won’t even be wearing any extra protection on his helmet, which certainly qualifies as “brave” if you’re being generous about word choice.
After an up-and-down past two seasons Reimold is fighting Endy Chavez for playing time in left field.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 222
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)