Mar 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Nolan Reimold was hit in the face by a pitch Friday, but the Orioles outfielder somehow avoided a serious injury and is back in the lineup today.
So he’s good to go and won’t even be wearing any extra protection on his helmet, which certainly qualifies as “brave” if you’re being generous about word choice.
After an up-and-down past two seasons Reimold is fighting Endy Chavez for playing time in left field.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)