Mar 13, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
The Bernie Madoff-New York Mets trial begins soon. As baseball has cranked back up, our blow-by-blow of that stuff has scaled back, if for no other reason than it has gotten a tad boring.
NEW YORK (AP) – Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax (KOH’-faks) is among witnesses scheduled to testify at a trial next week to determine if the New York Mets’ owners must give up millions of dollars they received from jailed financier Bernard Madoff (MAY’-dawf).
Interesting because Koufax is awesome, yes. But also because in this day and age someone decided that it was necessary to put the phonetic spelling of his name in the article.
Which makes me incredibly sad. I thought that when the federal government took over the school systems ten years ago that they’d at least do useful things like teach every boy and girl the important stuff like who Sandy Koufax is. What are we teaching our children these days?
And you think I’m joking.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (99)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1