Mar 13, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
The Bernie Madoff-New York Mets trial begins soon. As baseball has cranked back up, our blow-by-blow of that stuff has scaled back, if for no other reason than it has gotten a tad boring.
NEW YORK (AP) – Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax (KOH’-faks) is among witnesses scheduled to testify at a trial next week to determine if the New York Mets’ owners must give up millions of dollars they received from jailed financier Bernard Madoff (MAY’-dawf).
Interesting because Koufax is awesome, yes. But also because in this day and age someone decided that it was necessary to put the phonetic spelling of his name in the article.
Which makes me incredibly sad. I thought that when the federal government took over the school systems ten years ago that they’d at least do useful things like teach every boy and girl the important stuff like who Sandy Koufax is. What are we teaching our children these days?
And you think I’m joking.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)