Mar 13, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
The Bernie Madoff-New York Mets trial begins soon. As baseball has cranked back up, our blow-by-blow of that stuff has scaled back, if for no other reason than it has gotten a tad boring.
NEW YORK (AP) – Hall of Fame pitcher Sandy Koufax (KOH’-faks) is among witnesses scheduled to testify at a trial next week to determine if the New York Mets’ owners must give up millions of dollars they received from jailed financier Bernard Madoff (MAY’-dawf).
Interesting because Koufax is awesome, yes. But also because in this day and age someone decided that it was necessary to put the phonetic spelling of his name in the article.
Which makes me incredibly sad. I thought that when the federal government took over the school systems ten years ago that they’d at least do useful things like teach every boy and girl the important stuff like who Sandy Koufax is. What are we teaching our children these days?
And you think I’m joking.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)