Mar 13, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
Not sure if the best thing about this is that it’s Donald Trump ripping A-Rod again or that he’s doing it in response to something Debbie Gibson said. From the New York Daily News:
The Donald was back at it during Sunday’s episode of the NBC reality show, taking another shot at A-Rod while praising ’80s pop star Debbie Gibson for saying she didn’t care who received the credit as long as her team wins.
“That’s all about winning; that’s a Derek Jeter-type statement,” Trump said. “We love Derek. That’s not an A-Rod statement; it’s a Derek statement.”
I’m guessing he’d prefer it if we didn’t start classifying things as “Donald statements,” because it probably wouldn’t reflect very well on him.
Yeah, I know. I just got back home after a week on the road and a weird night’s sleep due to the time change. Cut me some slack. There will be more substantive stuff later. Maybe.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)