“That’s not an A-Rod statement; it’s a Derek statement”

Mar 13, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT

Donald Trump

Not sure if the best thing about this is that it’s Donald Trump ripping A-Rod again or that he’s doing it in response to something Debbie Gibson said. From the New York Daily News:

The Donald was back at it during Sunday’s episode of the NBC reality show, taking another shot at A-Rod while praising ’80s pop star Debbie Gibson for saying she didn’t care who received the credit as long as her team wins.

“That’s all about winning; that’s a Derek Jeter-type statement,” Trump said. “We love Derek. That’s not an A-Rod statement; it’s a Derek statement.”

I’m guessing he’d prefer it if we didn’t start classifying things as “Donald statements,” because it probably wouldn’t reflect very well on him.

Yeah, I know. I just got back home after a week on the road and a weird night’s sleep due to the time change. Cut me some slack. There will be more substantive stuff later. Maybe.

1. drunkenhooliganism - Mar 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Do people outside of NYC and Atlantic city know how much EVERYBODY that has the misfortune of doing business with him thinks it’s hilarious that he’s considered a successful businessman.

• Old Gator - Mar 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM

You’re fired.

2. bigxrob - Mar 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I’ve never understood the publicity this guy gets, he’s always come off as an assclown to me.

• Old Gator - Mar 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM

You’re fired too.

3. bigjimatch - Mar 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I guess that would make winning on a technicalitity a “Braun Statement.”

• cardinalcrazy - Mar 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM

You’re hired!

4. proudlycanadian - Mar 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Speaking of non substantive material Craig. I tried to find Farewell Arizona on the map and failed.

• Old Gator - Mar 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Check the map of Mexico.

• proudlycanadian - Mar 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I have no desire to visit Mexico.

• deathmonkey41 - Mar 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM

If you should change your mind about Mexico, I would suggest arming yourself…very well…

5. allsportsnyfan - Mar 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM

…and where did he get the idea running for president?

6. yankeesfanlen - Mar 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM

OK, I’m here. LEAVE AROD ALONE!!!!!Particularly if you run a crackpot tv show.
    And here I was on the verge of being nice to Beep-beep for as long into the season as possible.

7. daspyknows - Mar 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Does anyone really listen to this guy? He is a goofball with comb over hair and he looks like a cheetos. He thinks ig George Bush was president he is qualified to do the same. Stupid is as stupid does.

8. stex52 - Mar 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Fat blowhard with a bad combover/toupe.

Can we move on to another topic?

9. bigharold - Mar 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM

“I’m guessing he’d prefer it if we didn’t start classifying things as “Donald statements,”

We’d ALL prefer if you ignored Thrump.

10. djpostl - Mar 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

At least Arod didn’t have to file for bankruptcy three times in two decades Donald =0. Dude is a blow hard.

He came from money and then spent his life making more then losing it all, filing for bankruptcy over and over while promoting himself as an “expert in high finance”. If people weren’t big enough morons to watch his show or pay him one million a pop per speaking engagement he’d be in the gutter since the only publicly traded company he has been in charge of is worth about 4 cents per share right now.

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. G. Stanton (3935)