Mar 13, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
Not sure if the best thing about this is that it’s Donald Trump ripping A-Rod again or that he’s doing it in response to something Debbie Gibson said. From the New York Daily News:
The Donald was back at it during Sunday’s episode of the NBC reality show, taking another shot at A-Rod while praising ’80s pop star Debbie Gibson for saying she didn’t care who received the credit as long as her team wins.
“That’s all about winning; that’s a Derek Jeter-type statement,” Trump said. “We love Derek. That’s not an A-Rod statement; it’s a Derek statement.”
I’m guessing he’d prefer it if we didn’t start classifying things as “Donald statements,” because it probably wouldn’t reflect very well on him.
Yeah, I know. I just got back home after a week on the road and a weird night’s sleep due to the time change. Cut me some slack. There will be more substantive stuff later. Maybe.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72