Mar 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Today is national Pi Day–not to be confused with “cake or pie?” day, which is every day here at HBT–so it’s only fitting that Felix Pie is returning to the Indians’ lineup after crashing into the outfield wall over the weekend.
And yes, I know in this case “Pie” isn’t pronounced like “pie” or “pi” … whatever. Don’t ruin my nerd fun.
Pie had been day-to-day with what the Indians were calling “general stiffness.” Which, really, would be one of the best possible names for a military leader.
OK, I’m done now. Sorry.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)