Mar 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Today is national Pi Day–not to be confused with “cake or pie?” day, which is every day here at HBT–so it’s only fitting that Felix Pie is returning to the Indians’ lineup after crashing into the outfield wall over the weekend.
And yes, I know in this case “Pie” isn’t pronounced like “pie” or “pi” … whatever. Don’t ruin my nerd fun.
Pie had been day-to-day with what the Indians were calling “general stiffness.” Which, really, would be one of the best possible names for a military leader.
OK, I’m done now. Sorry.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 6
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)