Mar 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Today is national Pi Day–not to be confused with “cake or pie?” day, which is every day here at HBT–so it’s only fitting that Felix Pie is returning to the Indians’ lineup after crashing into the outfield wall over the weekend.
And yes, I know in this case “Pie” isn’t pronounced like “pie” or “pi” … whatever. Don’t ruin my nerd fun.
Pie had been day-to-day with what the Indians were calling “general stiffness.” Which, really, would be one of the best possible names for a military leader.
OK, I’m done now. Sorry.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)