Mar 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
Today is national Pi Day–not to be confused with “cake or pie?” day, which is every day here at HBT–so it’s only fitting that Felix Pie is returning to the Indians’ lineup after crashing into the outfield wall over the weekend.
And yes, I know in this case “Pie” isn’t pronounced like “pie” or “pi” … whatever. Don’t ruin my nerd fun.
Pie had been day-to-day with what the Indians were calling “general stiffness.” Which, really, would be one of the best possible names for a military leader.
OK, I’m done now. Sorry.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)