Mar 14, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Taylor Teagarden is expected to be sidelined for several weeks after being diagnosed with a slight ligament tear in his lower back.
Manager Buck Showalter indicated that the injury is less severe than it sounds, but also admitted that Teagarden’s status for Opening Day “is in jeopardy.”
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Teagarden got an epidural injection and will be shut down completely for at least a week, opening the door for Ronny Paulino to begin the season as Matt Wieters‘ backup.
Paulino signed a minor-league deal with the Orioles in January after spending last season backing up Josh Thole for the Mets, who non-tendered him.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 0
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 1
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)