Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news: The Rays are reporting that Jennings and Upton are just suffering from “general soreness” and are otherwise OK. Whew. Initial reports made it sound like they were both gonna die or something.
2:09 PM: Breaking news from the Marlins-Rays Port Charlotte, Florida. Apparently B.J. Upton and Desmond Jennings collided in the outfield while chasing a gapper from Austin Kearns in left center field. People who saw it are saying it occurred at full speed.
Both Upton and Jennings were carted off the field. No word on their conditions yet.
We’ll update as soon as we hear something.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)