Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news: The Rays are reporting that Jennings and Upton are just suffering from “general soreness” and are otherwise OK. Whew. Initial reports made it sound like they were both gonna die or something.
2:09 PM: Breaking news from the Marlins-Rays Port Charlotte, Florida. Apparently B.J. Upton and Desmond Jennings collided in the outfield while chasing a gapper from Austin Kearns in left center field. People who saw it are saying it occurred at full speed.
Both Upton and Jennings were carted off the field. No word on their conditions yet.
We’ll update as soon as we hear something.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)