Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news: The Rays are reporting that Jennings and Upton are just suffering from “general soreness” and are otherwise OK. Whew. Initial reports made it sound like they were both gonna die or something.
2:09 PM: Breaking news from the Marlins-Rays Port Charlotte, Florida. Apparently B.J. Upton and Desmond Jennings collided in the outfield while chasing a gapper from Austin Kearns in left center field. People who saw it are saying it occurred at full speed.
Both Upton and Jennings were carted off the field. No word on their conditions yet.
We’ll update as soon as we hear something.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 54
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (76)