Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news: The Rays are reporting that Jennings and Upton are just suffering from “general soreness” and are otherwise OK. Whew. Initial reports made it sound like they were both gonna die or something.
2:09 PM: Breaking news from the Marlins-Rays Port Charlotte, Florida. Apparently B.J. Upton and Desmond Jennings collided in the outfield while chasing a gapper from Austin Kearns in left center field. People who saw it are saying it occurred at full speed.
Both Upton and Jennings were carted off the field. No word on their conditions yet.
We’ll update as soon as we hear something.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 50
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)