Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news: The Rays are reporting that Jennings and Upton are just suffering from “general soreness” and are otherwise OK. Whew. Initial reports made it sound like they were both gonna die or something.
2:09 PM: Breaking news from the Marlins-Rays Port Charlotte, Florida. Apparently B.J. Upton and Desmond Jennings collided in the outfield while chasing a gapper from Austin Kearns in left center field. People who saw it are saying it occurred at full speed.
Both Upton and Jennings were carted off the field. No word on their conditions yet.
We’ll update as soon as we hear something.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)