Mar 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
You know what a really vague injury is? “Dead arm.” That’s what Tigers’ prospect Jacob Turner was said to have yesterday. The next vaguest diagnosis is tendinitis. That’s what he’s said to have today. In his shoulder, and as such he is being shut down for a week.
Thing about such maladies, however, is that the more specific you get, the scarier it is. By the time you get to things being “frayed” and — heavens — “ruptured,” you’re in full-blown panic if the guy plays for your team.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 28
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (207)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)