Mar 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
You know what a really vague injury is? “Dead arm.” That’s what Tigers’ prospect Jacob Turner was said to have yesterday. The next vaguest diagnosis is tendinitis. That’s what he’s said to have today. In his shoulder, and as such he is being shut down for a week.
Thing about such maladies, however, is that the more specific you get, the scarier it is. By the time you get to things being “frayed” and — heavens — “ruptured,” you’re in full-blown panic if the guy plays for your team.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)