Mar 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
You know what a really vague injury is? “Dead arm.” That’s what Tigers’ prospect Jacob Turner was said to have yesterday. The next vaguest diagnosis is tendinitis. That’s what he’s said to have today. In his shoulder, and as such he is being shut down for a week.
Thing about such maladies, however, is that the more specific you get, the scarier it is. By the time you get to things being “frayed” and — heavens — “ruptured,” you’re in full-blown panic if the guy plays for your team.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (100)