Mar 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
You know what a really vague injury is? “Dead arm.” That’s what Tigers’ prospect Jacob Turner was said to have yesterday. The next vaguest diagnosis is tendinitis. That’s what he’s said to have today. In his shoulder, and as such he is being shut down for a week.
Thing about such maladies, however, is that the more specific you get, the scarier it is. By the time you get to things being “frayed” and — heavens — “ruptured,” you’re in full-blown panic if the guy plays for your team.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4