Mar 14, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
You know what a really vague injury is? “Dead arm.” That’s what Tigers’ prospect Jacob Turner was said to have yesterday. The next vaguest diagnosis is tendinitis. That’s what he’s said to have today. In his shoulder, and as such he is being shut down for a week.
Thing about such maladies, however, is that the more specific you get, the scarier it is. By the time you get to things being “frayed” and — heavens — “ruptured,” you’re in full-blown panic if the guy plays for your team.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 26
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 66
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 26
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)