Mar 14, 2012, 2:14 AM EDT
While the Seattle Mariners haven’t been much to look at on the field in recent years, they still continue to put out some of the most amusing commercials in all of baseball.
That might be kind of like building the best car in Tibet, but hey, throw the Mariners a bone, people. At least they’re No. 1 at something.
The two best commercials of the bunch (embeded below, though you might have to click through), involve Felix Hernandez unveiling his ventriloquist act, and Ichiro dropping a Sean Connery imitation.
Felix isn’t much of an actor, but as he showed last year, he does possess a certain magnetism that makes you want to laugh. And while Ichiro draws the punchline of his commercial, the real eye-opener from the bit is that shortstop Brendan Ryan actually makes a very good Robert DeNiro.
You can view all the spots here, including a video of outtakes.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)