Mar 14, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Earlier this week Mets bullpen catcher Eric Langill was charged with a DUI after crashing into a street sign and flipping his Honda Accord following some drinks at a bowling alley.
Today the Mets suspended him without pay for seven days.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Langill, who spent seven seasons in the minors before becoming the Mets’ bullpen catcher, will also be required to go to counseling.
In a statement the Mets described Langill as “contrite and very apologetic about Sunday night’s incident.”
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 18
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 81
- The Lester trade is a win-win 107
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 162
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (162)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (108)