Mar 15, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Dr. James Andrews probably wonders why no one ever pays him a visit for lunch. Or to watch a game. Or to just have a nice cold glass of sweet tea on his porch on one of those hot Alabama summer days. It’s always bad news. Sigh.
Vizcaino — who came to Atlanta from New York in the Javier Vazquez trade in December 2009 — was diagnosed with elbow inflammation last week. And in 2010 he missed time with a partial tear in his elbow. So this is fairly troubling.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)