Mar 15, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
This may not quite placate fans missing Hiroki Kuroda. At least not those male and over 12.
The Dodgers announced Thursday that the first 50,000 fans through the gates on July 1 would receive a Hello Kitty Mini Bobblehead. But that’s not all. Not even close:
In addition, Hello Kitty and her friend Keroppi® will make a special appearance at the Viva Los Dodgers Day festival held in lot 6 two hours prior to game time and Hello Kitty will also throw the ceremonial first pitch.
Even this is still only a fraction of the excitement planned for this year. Remember, Dodger Stadium’s 50th Anniversary presented by State Farm will be celebrated all season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)