Mar 15, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
This may not quite placate fans missing Hiroki Kuroda. At least not those male and over 12.
The Dodgers announced Thursday that the first 50,000 fans through the gates on July 1 would receive a Hello Kitty Mini Bobblehead. But that’s not all. Not even close:
In addition, Hello Kitty and her friend Keroppi® will make a special appearance at the Viva Los Dodgers Day festival held in lot 6 two hours prior to game time and Hello Kitty will also throw the ceremonial first pitch.
Even this is still only a fraction of the excitement planned for this year. Remember, Dodger Stadium’s 50th Anniversary presented by State Farm will be celebrated all season.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)