Mar 15, 2012, 6:37 PM EDT
This may not quite placate fans missing Hiroki Kuroda. At least not those male and over 12.
The Dodgers announced Thursday that the first 50,000 fans through the gates on July 1 would receive a Hello Kitty Mini Bobblehead. But that’s not all. Not even close:
In addition, Hello Kitty and her friend Keroppi® will make a special appearance at the Viva Los Dodgers Day festival held in lot 6 two hours prior to game time and Hello Kitty will also throw the ceremonial first pitch.
Even this is still only a fraction of the excitement planned for this year. Remember, Dodger Stadium’s 50th Anniversary presented by State Farm will be celebrated all season.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)