Mar 15, 2012, 6:37 PM EST
This may not quite placate fans missing Hiroki Kuroda. At least not those male and over 12.
The Dodgers announced Thursday that the first 50,000 fans through the gates on July 1 would receive a Hello Kitty Mini Bobblehead. But that’s not all. Not even close:
In addition, Hello Kitty and her friend Keroppi® will make a special appearance at the Viva Los Dodgers Day festival held in lot 6 two hours prior to game time and Hello Kitty will also throw the ceremonial first pitch.
Even this is still only a fraction of the excitement planned for this year. Remember, Dodger Stadium’s 50th Anniversary presented by State Farm will be celebrated all season.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)