Mar 15, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton has been out of the Marlins’ lineup since being hit on the wrist by a pitch Sunday and today manager Ozzie Guillen revealed that he’s also dealing with a knee injury.
X-rays on Stanton’s wrist were negative and there’s no indication that the knee problems are major, but Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’s still likely at least “a few days” from returning to game action.
So far Giancarlo Stanton has been a whole lot more injury prone than Mike Stanton was.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 103
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)