Mar 15, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton has been out of the Marlins’ lineup since being hit on the wrist by a pitch Sunday and today manager Ozzie Guillen revealed that he’s also dealing with a knee injury.
X-rays on Stanton’s wrist were negative and there’s no indication that the knee problems are major, but Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’s still likely at least “a few days” from returning to game action.
So far Giancarlo Stanton has been a whole lot more injury prone than Mike Stanton was.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)