Mar 15, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton has been out of the Marlins’ lineup since being hit on the wrist by a pitch Sunday and today manager Ozzie Guillen revealed that he’s also dealing with a knee injury.
X-rays on Stanton’s wrist were negative and there’s no indication that the knee problems are major, but Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’s still likely at least “a few days” from returning to game action.
So far Giancarlo Stanton has been a whole lot more injury prone than Mike Stanton was.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)