Mar 15, 2012, 4:42 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton has been out of the Marlins’ lineup since being hit on the wrist by a pitch Sunday and today manager Ozzie Guillen revealed that he’s also dealing with a knee injury.
X-rays on Stanton’s wrist were negative and there’s no indication that the knee problems are major, but Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that he’s still likely at least “a few days” from returning to game action.
So far Giancarlo Stanton has been a whole lot more injury prone than Mike Stanton was.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming