Mar 15, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants are not making progress in extension talks with Matt Cain. Given that he’s already said that he’s not going to talk about an extension once spring training is over, it likely means that he’s gonna hit the market next fall.
Which leads to an interesting question: can Yankees fans’ powers of covetousness handle both Cain and Cole Hamels in one year? Because that’s a lot of He’d Look Good in Pinstripesage. Hope there’s enough to go around.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)