Mar 15, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants are not making progress in extension talks with Matt Cain. Given that he’s already said that he’s not going to talk about an extension once spring training is over, it likely means that he’s gonna hit the market next fall.
Which leads to an interesting question: can Yankees fans’ powers of covetousness handle both Cain and Cole Hamels in one year? Because that’s a lot of He’d Look Good in Pinstripesage. Hope there’s enough to go around.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 14
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 21
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)