Mar 15, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants are not making progress in extension talks with Matt Cain. Given that he’s already said that he’s not going to talk about an extension once spring training is over, it likely means that he’s gonna hit the market next fall.
Which leads to an interesting question: can Yankees fans’ powers of covetousness handle both Cain and Cole Hamels in one year? Because that’s a lot of He’d Look Good in Pinstripesage. Hope there’s enough to go around.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)