Mar 15, 2012, 9:58 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants are not making progress in extension talks with Matt Cain. Given that he’s already said that he’s not going to talk about an extension once spring training is over, it likely means that he’s gonna hit the market next fall.
Which leads to an interesting question: can Yankees fans’ powers of covetousness handle both Cain and Cole Hamels in one year? Because that’s a lot of He’d Look Good in Pinstripesage. Hope there’s enough to go around.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 31
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 28
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 46
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)