Mar 15, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
Rockies manager Jim Tracy called the decision to scratch Moyer from the outing a “precautionary measure,” but there is currently no timetable for the 49-year-old southpaw to resume throwing.
Moyer agreed to a minor league contract with the Rockies back in the middle of January and has been attempting to secure a spot in the team’s starting rotation since arriving at spring camp in Arizona. He has surrendered just four hits and one earned run across five innings of Cactus League work thus far, striking out three batters without issuing a single walk.
Moyer sat out the entire 2011 campaign after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)