Mar 15, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
Rockies manager Jim Tracy called the decision to scratch Moyer from the outing a “precautionary measure,” but there is currently no timetable for the 49-year-old southpaw to resume throwing.
Moyer agreed to a minor league contract with the Rockies back in the middle of January and has been attempting to secure a spot in the team’s starting rotation since arriving at spring camp in Arizona. He has surrendered just four hits and one earned run across five innings of Cactus League work thus far, striking out three batters without issuing a single walk.
Moyer sat out the entire 2011 campaign after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 8
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 11
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (97)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)