Mar 15, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
Rockies manager Jim Tracy called the decision to scratch Moyer from the outing a “precautionary measure,” but there is currently no timetable for the 49-year-old southpaw to resume throwing.
Moyer agreed to a minor league contract with the Rockies back in the middle of January and has been attempting to secure a spot in the team’s starting rotation since arriving at spring camp in Arizona. He has surrendered just four hits and one earned run across five innings of Cactus League work thus far, striking out three batters without issuing a single walk.
Moyer sat out the entire 2011 campaign after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8