Mar 15, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
Rockies manager Jim Tracy called the decision to scratch Moyer from the outing a “precautionary measure,” but there is currently no timetable for the 49-year-old southpaw to resume throwing.
Moyer agreed to a minor league contract with the Rockies back in the middle of January and has been attempting to secure a spot in the team’s starting rotation since arriving at spring camp in Arizona. He has surrendered just four hits and one earned run across five innings of Cactus League work thus far, striking out three batters without issuing a single walk.
Moyer sat out the entire 2011 campaign after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)