Mar 15, 2012, 8:51 PM EDT
Rockies manager Jim Tracy called the decision to scratch Moyer from the outing a “precautionary measure,” but there is currently no timetable for the 49-year-old southpaw to resume throwing.
Moyer agreed to a minor league contract with the Rockies back in the middle of January and has been attempting to secure a spot in the team’s starting rotation since arriving at spring camp in Arizona. He has surrendered just four hits and one earned run across five innings of Cactus League work thus far, striking out three batters without issuing a single walk.
Moyer sat out the entire 2011 campaign after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)