Mar 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
From February 21:
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) February 21, 2012
From a few minutes ago:
The Indians have re-acquired LHP Kelvin De La Cruz from the Texas Rangers in exchange for cash considerations.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) March 15, 2012
On the one hand, I guess it’s nice to be wanted back by the one who dumped you. On the other hand, when that happens, you can’t expect things to be like they used to be, man. Relationships are hard.
Worst part: searching the AP photo archives for a pic of “Kevin De La Cruz” only brings back pics of Kevin James. Had to go with a year-old Getty photo.
It’s tough out there, man.
UPDATE: Or maybe I couldn’t find pics of “Kevin De La Cruz,” because his name is actually “Kelvin.” God, I’m an idiot sometimes.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)