Mar 15, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
From February 21:
— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) February 21, 2012
From a few minutes ago:
The Indians have re-acquired LHP Kelvin De La Cruz from the Texas Rangers in exchange for cash considerations.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) March 15, 2012
On the one hand, I guess it’s nice to be wanted back by the one who dumped you. On the other hand, when that happens, you can’t expect things to be like they used to be, man. Relationships are hard.
Worst part: searching the AP photo archives for a pic of “Kevin De La Cruz” only brings back pics of Kevin James. Had to go with a year-old Getty photo.
It’s tough out there, man.
UPDATE: Or maybe I couldn’t find pics of “Kevin De La Cruz,” because his name is actually “Kelvin.” God, I’m an idiot sometimes.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)