Mar 15, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
No, it’s not because they robbed the place. That would be a way better story. This one is merely OK.
In a tale as old as time, a bunch of strippers try to help a bunch of kids and a bunch of fuddy duddies get all mad. From Los Angeles, where a club called “Jet Strip” was just trying to be neighborly, and gave a $1,200 donation to the Lennox Little League:
The financially troubled Lennox Little League is returning a $1,200 donation offered to it by a strip club, a day after a Daily Breeze story about the contribution spread to other media outlets across the country … “We kind of looked at the whole situation, and we all feel it’s the right thing to do,” league President Roberto Aguirre said Tuesday.
Once again, thinking of the children does nothing but hurt the children. Buncha prudes.
Ah, I’m probably overreacting. Based on the article, as people took to their fainting couches over a strip club giving money to a baseball league, several other businesses — most likely upstanding corporate citizens like payday lending stores, investment banks and mortgage companies — chipped money in to make up. So no harm, no foul.
But seriously, dudes: it’s just money. It’s not like they were giving out lap dances or anything. Which would also be a much better story than this one.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 329
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 66
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 43
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (331)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)