Mar 15, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
No, it’s not because they robbed the place. That would be a way better story. This one is merely OK.
In a tale as old as time, a bunch of strippers try to help a bunch of kids and a bunch of fuddy duddies get all mad. From Los Angeles, where a club called “Jet Strip” was just trying to be neighborly, and gave a $1,200 donation to the Lennox Little League:
The financially troubled Lennox Little League is returning a $1,200 donation offered to it by a strip club, a day after a Daily Breeze story about the contribution spread to other media outlets across the country … ”We kind of looked at the whole situation, and we all feel it’s the right thing to do,” league President Roberto Aguirre said Tuesday.
Once again, thinking of the children does nothing but hurt the children. Buncha prudes.
Ah, I’m probably overreacting. Based on the article, as people took to their fainting couches over a strip club giving money to a baseball league, several other businesses — most likely upstanding corporate citizens like payday lending stores, investment banks and mortgage companies — chipped money in to make up. So no harm, no foul.
But seriously, dudes: it’s just money. It’s not like they were giving out lap dances or anything. Which would also be a much better story than this one.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona