Little Leaguers have to return money to a strip club

Mar 15, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT

Little League

No, it’s not because they robbed the place. That would be a way better story. This one is merely OK.

In a tale as old as time, a bunch of strippers try to help a bunch of kids and a bunch of fuddy duddies get all mad.  From Los Angeles, where a club called “Jet Strip” was just trying to be neighborly, and gave a $1,200 donation to the Lennox Little League:

The financially troubled Lennox Little League is returning a $1,200 donation offered to it by a strip club, a day after a Daily Breeze story about the contribution spread to other media outlets across the country … “We kind of looked at the whole situation, and we all feel it’s the right thing to do,” league President Roberto Aguirre said Tuesday.

Once again, thinking of the children does nothing but hurt the children. Buncha prudes.

Ah, I’m probably overreacting. Based on the article, as people took to their fainting couches over a strip club giving money to a baseball league, several other businesses — most likely upstanding corporate citizens like payday lending stores, investment banks and mortgage companies — chipped money in to make up. So no harm, no foul.

But seriously, dudes: it’s just money. It’s not like they were giving out lap dances or anything. Which would also be a much better story than this one.

1. Jonny 5 - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I hope they give it to them one dollar bill at a time too. At least that’s how I’d do it anyway.

• rollinghighwayblues - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Make it rain!

2. deathmonkey41 - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM

What the hell- why don’t strippers ever give ME money????

• El Bravo - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM

B/c you didn’t shake it like a salt shaker…clearly!

• foreverchipper10 - Mar 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM

A stripper once gave me a 6-pack of beer while I was under 21. I chalk that up as a win.

3. cleverbob - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Was the $1,200 contribution comprised entirely of one dollar bills?

4. jlove42 - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I heard the only reason they returned the money is because the 1200 singles were covered in glitter and smelled like cheap perfume, cocaine and other non-family friendly things.

• Cris E - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

No, no, no: that was the money from the mortgage company. The stripper money was just slightly sweaty. (And who uses singles with their coke anyway?)

• jlove42 - Mar 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Um….. strippers?

5. stlouis1baseball - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Yeah…Bob and Tom covered this earlier in the week. They said the Club owner read a story in his local paper and wanting to offer his assistance (hence the $1,200.00 check). He even specifically stated that he did NOT want any advertising in return. Yet…they declined his offer. Obviously, it’s a great thing that other local businesses chipped in the pick up the $1,200.00. But the fact they declined the Club Owners offer is quite shocking in today’s world.
    I mean…it isn’t like he wanted huge banners along the outfield fencing stating “This League Sponsored by Your Favorite Neighborhood Strip Club.”

• paperlions - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Also noteworthy, the strip club owner stepped up on his own to do this….other business only stepped up after the story about the return of the strip club money.

6. titandave - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Americans have gotten too sensitive!! Political correctness gone crazy. I’m all about morality but this is extremely prudish!

• nategearhart - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

What does political correctness have to do with it? Do you think that back in the un-PC 50’s a little league team would have taken money from a strip club?

• The Baseball Idiot - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM

They took it from Chico in the 70’s.

7. nightman13 - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I’ll take the money and in return reinvest in the club’s services

8. sknut - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM

If you can’t believe in strippers helping little league baseball then what can you believe in?

9. bravojawja - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I don’t get it. If a Little League team can be sponsored by Chico’s Bail Bonds, why not a strip club?

10. justinreds - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM

But maybe the club owner WAS marketing, Little Leaguers grow up, they grow up and have needs!

11. El Bravo - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

All those lil leaguers’ daddies go to the clubs and slip those hard earned dolla dolla billz in the stripperz’ g-strangs. Now, the same stripperz want to give some of those sweat-stained dolla dollas back the community and they won’t let ‘em? What is this world coming to?

12. bsbiz - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Stupid parents were scared that their kids might stretch the singles into home runs.

• phukyouk - Mar 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM

WIN!

13. 18thstreet - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Almost all the comments here are jokes, so I guess I’m humorless about this. But I used to coach little league, and this really pisses me off. $1200 can be used to buy stuff.

There’s no good reason to return this donation, which surely was made by check and not $1 bills. And if other businesses stepped up to replace this money, then that’s $2400 that the little league could have raised, thanks to this strip club which – last time I checked – is a legal business.

I’m not going to say that they should have their names on the uniforms. But their money could have bought gloves or cleats for literally hundreds of poor kids.

• nightman13 - Mar 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

It’s pathetic

• bsbiz - Mar 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM

And just how stupid this idea of returning money is why the jokes are made. Sometimes it’s easier to joke about it than to stare down the bleak reality.

14. sportsdrenched.com - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM

They wasn’t tryin’ to be rebellion.

• beanster71 - Mar 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

You, sir just made my day — it ain’t no sin to go to the scrip club, you know…

15. poprox13 - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM

A donation is a donation, who cares where it came from? Btw, I have have received lap dances at the Jet Strip so part of that donation may have came from me :)

• b7p19 - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:31 PM

You are truly an inspiration. “Honey, I’m gonna go help out the Little League kids. Be back around 2.”

• cur68 - Mar 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Seriously. Lets all follow hos lead. Never has giving felt so good.

16. yankeesgameday - Mar 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM

This club is by LAX. I’ve actually been there once and had a hooker solicit me as I drove away. She pulled up in her car next to me at a light, rolled down her window and offered her services. It was like a sex drive-by. True story.

• poprox13 - Mar 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

So did you do it in the car or did she have a room? Inquiring minds want to know…..

17. mdpickles - Mar 15, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I too, have had to give money back to the scrip cluuuubs.

18. dowhatifeellike - Mar 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I don’t know that I could have returned the money, were I on the League board. I participated in Little League from the age of 4-15, and even in a large city they barely had two nickels to rub together. The coaches had to maintain the fields. Sometimes we didn’t have enough uniforms to go around. The catcher’s gear was always in disrepair. Coaches each had to make sure they picked a few kids who owned aluminum bats for their teams, because each team got one wooden bat, one set of catcher’s gear, and 5-10 used balls. Some kids couldn’t afford the $50 or $60 dollars to play, or they could find the money to play but they couldn’t also afford a glove, so they borrowed one from a teammate. Lots of kids played in sneakers. The only “new” piece of equipment we ever got was one shiny new ball for each game…most of the time. They’d get reused if they weren’t too scuffed up.

I’m glad other sponsors stepped in… but if I’m the League President and that check hits my hand, I’m off to the bank and then to the nearest sporting goods store.

19. drewzducks - Mar 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

WTF? Isn’t this America? Home of baseball, hotdogs, hair pie and Chevrolet ?

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Mar 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM

• drewzducks - Mar 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Riot !

20. tom1954 - Mar 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM

They didn’t accept it because Pacman Jones was the bagman.

21. 1bucfan813 - Mar 17, 2012 at 5:51 AM

As a parent I don’t see anything wrong that a strip club donated money to a little league team. It’s a business just like any other. We have worst issues like politicians, policeman, and other government employees taking drug money to fund there campaigns or pockets. Why don’t they return the money. At least these strippers are not naked handing the money to the kids. It was a donation. Not a big deal. The strip club should give the money back to them. Instead of the donation saying who is from. it should just say it came from an undisclosed person. I think America has turned weak with these politicians.

• gloccamorra - Mar 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM

It wasn’t the current politicians, it was the League President, Roberto Aguirre, a future politician who will later try to get elected to some office, citing his pure heart and family values.

Papelbon destined to be traded?
  1. G. Stanton (3531)