Mar 15, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
We wrung our hands at Roy Halladay’s velocity earlier today, so we may as well do the same with Michael Pineda, who has already been the subject of similar hand-wringing this spring.
He pitched today and …
A scout said Michael Pineda’s velocity was still down today. Sat at 90 or 91 mph. #Yankees have to be concerned.
— Anthony Castrovince (@castrovince) March 15, 2012
He apparently touched 92 once or twice. After the game Joe Giradi said he wasn’t worried because his location was good and his secondary pitches looked good too.
And no, I don’t think anyone should worry either. But it’s gonna be a topic of conversation because it’s spring, that’s what happens every spring and part of our job here is to keep you apprised of not just the truly important stuff, but the stuff all your idiot coworkers and talk radio and stuff are ranting about too.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)