Mar 15, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
We wrung our hands at Roy Halladay’s velocity earlier today, so we may as well do the same with Michael Pineda, who has already been the subject of similar hand-wringing this spring.
He pitched today and …
A scout said Michael Pineda’s velocity was still down today. Sat at 90 or 91 mph. #Yankees have to be concerned.
— Anthony Castrovince (@castrovince) March 15, 2012
He apparently touched 92 once or twice. After the game Joe Giradi said he wasn’t worried because his location was good and his secondary pitches looked good too.
And no, I don’t think anyone should worry either. But it’s gonna be a topic of conversation because it’s spring, that’s what happens every spring and part of our job here is to keep you apprised of not just the truly important stuff, but the stuff all your idiot coworkers and talk radio and stuff are ranting about too.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup