Mar 15, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
We wrung our hands at Roy Halladay’s velocity earlier today, so we may as well do the same with Michael Pineda, who has already been the subject of similar hand-wringing this spring.
He pitched today and …
A scout said Michael Pineda’s velocity was still down today. Sat at 90 or 91 mph. #Yankees have to be concerned.
— Anthony Castrovince (@castrovince) March 15, 2012
He apparently touched 92 once or twice. After the game Joe Giradi said he wasn’t worried because his location was good and his secondary pitches looked good too.
And no, I don’t think anyone should worry either. But it’s gonna be a topic of conversation because it’s spring, that’s what happens every spring and part of our job here is to keep you apprised of not just the truly important stuff, but the stuff all your idiot coworkers and talk radio and stuff are ranting about too.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 13
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)