Mar 15, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
We wrung our hands at Roy Halladay’s velocity earlier today, so we may as well do the same with Michael Pineda, who has already been the subject of similar hand-wringing this spring.
He pitched today and …
A scout said Michael Pineda’s velocity was still down today. Sat at 90 or 91 mph. #Yankees have to be concerned.
— Anthony Castrovince (@castrovince) March 15, 2012
He apparently touched 92 once or twice. After the game Joe Giradi said he wasn’t worried because his location was good and his secondary pitches looked good too.
And no, I don’t think anyone should worry either. But it’s gonna be a topic of conversation because it’s spring, that’s what happens every spring and part of our job here is to keep you apprised of not just the truly important stuff, but the stuff all your idiot coworkers and talk radio and stuff are ranting about too.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)