Mar 15, 2012, 7:33 PM EST
Blanton threw the ball well, allowing only four hits and no walks in five innings of work while striking out four Atlanta hitters. He has a 2.70 ERA and 1.10 WHIP in 10 total Grapefruit League frames.
The Blue Jays are also known to have interest in acquiring Blanton, who missed most of the 2011 season due to an elbow injury but entered camp this spring with a clean bill of health. He’s owed $8.5 million in 2012, but the Phillies are said to be open to eating about $2 million of that. Blanton will be a free agent in the winter.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)