Mar 15, 2012, 8:57 AM EDT
Matthew had a post about Roy Halladay’s spring training struggles yesterday. The general notion is, well, yeah, Halladay hasn’t been himself. But hey, it’s spring and while this is worth watching, it’s probably too early to freak out.
But Ken Rosenthal said something last night that maybe there something to be concerned about: Halladay’s velocity against the Twins yesterday topped out at 89 m.p.h.
That’s not the Doc we know. Some people suggested that Halladay may have some arm trouble, but Halladay vehemently denied that yesterday. Whatever the case, it’s definitely worth watching.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)