Mar 15, 2012, 8:57 AM EDT
Matthew had a post about Roy Halladay’s spring training struggles yesterday. The general notion is, well, yeah, Halladay hasn’t been himself. But hey, it’s spring and while this is worth watching, it’s probably too early to freak out.
But Ken Rosenthal said something last night that maybe there something to be concerned about: Halladay’s velocity against the Twins yesterday topped out at 89 m.p.h.
That’s not the Doc we know. Some people suggested that Halladay may have some arm trouble, but Halladay vehemently denied that yesterday. Whatever the case, it’s definitely worth watching.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)