Mar 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Sidelined early in camp by what manager Dusty Baker called “a little irritation in his arm,” Ryan Madson has been cleared for game action.
Madson was officially diagnosed with elbow inflammation, but told Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer that “it’s pretty close to 100 percent right now.”
Groeschen reports that Madson threw a 30-pitch bullpen session today, mixing in off-speed stuff along with fastballs, so the Reds’ one-year, $8.5 million investment still looks like a good one.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)