Mar 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Sidelined early in camp by what manager Dusty Baker called “a little irritation in his arm,” Ryan Madson has been cleared for game action.
Madson was officially diagnosed with elbow inflammation, but told Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer that “it’s pretty close to 100 percent right now.”
Groeschen reports that Madson threw a 30-pitch bullpen session today, mixing in off-speed stuff along with fastballs, so the Reds’ one-year, $8.5 million investment still looks like a good one.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17