Mar 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Sidelined early in camp by what manager Dusty Baker called “a little irritation in his arm,” Ryan Madson has been cleared for game action.
Madson was officially diagnosed with elbow inflammation, but told Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer that “it’s pretty close to 100 percent right now.”
Groeschen reports that Madson threw a 30-pitch bullpen session today, mixing in off-speed stuff along with fastballs, so the Reds’ one-year, $8.5 million investment still looks like a good one.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 25
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 44
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 48
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)