Mar 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Sidelined early in camp by what manager Dusty Baker called “a little irritation in his arm,” Ryan Madson has been cleared for game action.
Madson was officially diagnosed with elbow inflammation, but told Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer that “it’s pretty close to 100 percent right now.”
Groeschen reports that Madson threw a 30-pitch bullpen session today, mixing in off-speed stuff along with fastballs, so the Reds’ one-year, $8.5 million investment still looks like a good one.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)