Mar 16, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
This tweet from Jack Curry of YES will blow your freakin’ mind:
Less than 3 weeks ago, Pettitte admitted that he had thoughts about a comeback. Now Pettitte, who didn’t pitch in 2011, is returning.
— Jack Curry (@JackCurryYES) March 16, 2012
Curry is reporting that the Yankees have signed Pettitte to a one-year deal. It’s worth $2.5 million. It has since been officially announced by the Yankees.
But now? Shocker.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (97)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)