Mar 16, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
This tweet from Jack Curry of YES will blow your freakin’ mind:
Less than 3 weeks ago, Pettitte admitted that he had thoughts about a comeback. Now Pettitte, who didn’t pitch in 2011, is returning.
— Jack Curry (@JackCurryYES) March 16, 2012
Curry is reporting that the Yankees have signed Pettitte to a one-year deal. It’s worth $2.5 million. It has since been officially announced by the Yankees.
But now? Shocker.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)