Mar 16, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
This tweet from Jack Curry of YES will blow your freakin’ mind:
Less than 3 weeks ago, Pettitte admitted that he had thoughts about a comeback. Now Pettitte, who didn’t pitch in 2011, is returning.
— Jack Curry (@JackCurryYES) March 16, 2012
Curry is reporting that the Yankees have signed Pettitte to a one-year deal. It’s worth $2.5 million. It has since been officially announced by the Yankees.
But now? Shocker.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 12
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 77
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)