Domonic Brown hurt his neck sleeping on the bus

Mar 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT

Domonic Brown swinging

Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown has been scratched for the second straight day due to a neck injury.  One that could only have happened in spring training:

Brown was scratched from the lineup for the second time in as many days with a neck injury, an injury he said he first felt after sleeping on the bus ride Tuesday to Kissimmee … “I really don’t know… I slept during the bus rise to Kissimmee, and then in (Wednesday’s) home game, in the third at-bat, it kind of got worse,” Brown said.

The kid just seems snakebitten sometimes. Last spring was mostly erased for him after breaking his hamate bone. Earlier this spring he lost five games to a sprained thumb.

Sure, he was likely destined for Triple-A anyway, but it’s hard to remember a prospect who has had so little opportunity to prove himself, for whatever reason, than Brown.  I kinda feel bad for him.

1. uyf1950 - Mar 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM

The moral of this story. Buses are for riding not sleeping.

2. stex52 - Mar 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I noted that when the Astros traded Pence to the Phillies, the Brown’s name came up indirectly and they made it clear that they would not regard him as part of their plans. That, in fact, whey they do end up with Schafer(not a very good deal to me) from the Braves. I don’t know if there is some negative undercurrent starting to flow in MLB about Brown’s prospects. I don’t know his history well enough. But it certainly seems that way.

• ame123 - Mar 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Would be great if you could actually back up this nonsense with a source.

• firstandonlywarning - Mar 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Here a source
        My Eyes

Brown is a massively over-hyped prospect

3. bjavie - Mar 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Wes Chamberlain. All the talent and possibilities in the world. Just doesn’t have “IT”.

And, I am sorry Craig, but I just cannot feel bad for a guy who just has to know that he needs to “go beyond” to prove himself, at this point. Not just do “well” to prove himself. Either (A.) he doesn’t get that, or (B.) he doesn’t think he should have to.

Can’t play b/c he hurt his neck sleeping on the bus? Really?! I don’t know, why not get some advice from Crash Davis on that bus so you can actually “get it.” It might be prejudicial against the snake to say this dude is snake bitten.

Man, I hope I am wrong!

• phillyphreak - Mar 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Don’t worry you are.

4. spudchukar - Mar 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Colby Rasmus with less power and speed.

5. firstandonlywarning - Mar 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Baseball players are as soft as the tissue box besides my bed.

• cleverbob - Mar 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM

…or your hands from rubbing all that lotion into them. From the bottle of lotion next to the tissue box.

• firstandonlywarning - Mar 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Exactly

Married too huh?

• cleverbob - Mar 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Guilty as charged

• ackid47 - Mar 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM

And im sure you know allot more about tissues than baseball.Go get a girlfriend Master Bates,leave the tissue boxes for the teenagers,Then get out and play some baseball everyday for 6+ months then come back and let us all know how you feel.

• firstandonlywarning - Mar 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I play Hockey, so ya I do find baseball players soft

You think they are tough?

Well I should probably listen to a guy who pulls out “allot” when writing on a message board right?

LOL @ kids who pretend they don’t jack off and think “allot” is a word

6. CJ - Mar 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM

still? I’m amazed you aven’t been banned yet.

Do your own work and build your own viewership. Don’t go snooping around legit blogs for content, linking your own garbage in the comments and trying to gain pageviews like that. I don’t care if you win a freaking pulitzer, if you go about it like that you can be damn sure you won’t get a single page view from me.

• Baseball Beer Burritos In That Order - Mar 16, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Replying in hopes Craig or Aaron will see this and ban jumbo.

7. schmedley69 - Mar 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I hate to say it, but I don’t think that Brown will ever catch on with the Phillies. His defense is horrible and there are a lot of indications that he might be a head case. I think that his best shot to stick in the big leagues is as a DH.

Do Royals or A's have the edge tonight?
  1. D. Jeter (3304)