Mar 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown has been scratched for the second straight day due to a neck injury. One that could only have happened in spring training:
Brown was scratched from the lineup for the second time in as many days with a neck injury, an injury he said he first felt after sleeping on the bus ride Tuesday to Kissimmee … ”I really don’t know… I slept during the bus rise to Kissimmee, and then in (Wednesday’s) home game, in the third at-bat, it kind of got worse,” Brown said.
The kid just seems snakebitten sometimes. Last spring was mostly erased for him after breaking his hamate bone. Earlier this spring he lost five games to a sprained thumb.
Sure, he was likely destined for Triple-A anyway, but it’s hard to remember a prospect who has had so little opportunity to prove himself, for whatever reason, than Brown. I kinda feel bad for him.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)