Mar 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown has been scratched for the second straight day due to a neck injury. One that could only have happened in spring training:
Brown was scratched from the lineup for the second time in as many days with a neck injury, an injury he said he first felt after sleeping on the bus ride Tuesday to Kissimmee … “I really don’t know… I slept during the bus rise to Kissimmee, and then in (Wednesday’s) home game, in the third at-bat, it kind of got worse,” Brown said.
The kid just seems snakebitten sometimes. Last spring was mostly erased for him after breaking his hamate bone. Earlier this spring he lost five games to a sprained thumb.
Sure, he was likely destined for Triple-A anyway, but it’s hard to remember a prospect who has had so little opportunity to prove himself, for whatever reason, than Brown. I kinda feel bad for him.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)