Mar 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown has been scratched for the second straight day due to a neck injury. One that could only have happened in spring training:
Brown was scratched from the lineup for the second time in as many days with a neck injury, an injury he said he first felt after sleeping on the bus ride Tuesday to Kissimmee … “I really don’t know… I slept during the bus rise to Kissimmee, and then in (Wednesday’s) home game, in the third at-bat, it kind of got worse,” Brown said.
The kid just seems snakebitten sometimes. Last spring was mostly erased for him after breaking his hamate bone. Earlier this spring he lost five games to a sprained thumb.
Sure, he was likely destined for Triple-A anyway, but it’s hard to remember a prospect who has had so little opportunity to prove himself, for whatever reason, than Brown. I kinda feel bad for him.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 47
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)