Mar 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown has been scratched for the second straight day due to a neck injury. One that could only have happened in spring training:
Brown was scratched from the lineup for the second time in as many days with a neck injury, an injury he said he first felt after sleeping on the bus ride Tuesday to Kissimmee … “I really don’t know… I slept during the bus rise to Kissimmee, and then in (Wednesday’s) home game, in the third at-bat, it kind of got worse,” Brown said.
The kid just seems snakebitten sometimes. Last spring was mostly erased for him after breaking his hamate bone. Earlier this spring he lost five games to a sprained thumb.
Sure, he was likely destined for Triple-A anyway, but it’s hard to remember a prospect who has had so little opportunity to prove himself, for whatever reason, than Brown. I kinda feel bad for him.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)