Mar 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Phillies outfielder Domonic Brown has been scratched for the second straight day due to a neck injury. One that could only have happened in spring training:
Brown was scratched from the lineup for the second time in as many days with a neck injury, an injury he said he first felt after sleeping on the bus ride Tuesday to Kissimmee … “I really don’t know… I slept during the bus rise to Kissimmee, and then in (Wednesday’s) home game, in the third at-bat, it kind of got worse,” Brown said.
The kid just seems snakebitten sometimes. Last spring was mostly erased for him after breaking his hamate bone. Earlier this spring he lost five games to a sprained thumb.
Sure, he was likely destined for Triple-A anyway, but it’s hard to remember a prospect who has had so little opportunity to prove himself, for whatever reason, than Brown. I kinda feel bad for him.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)