Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Ervin Santana played catch yesterday after being hit on the shoulder by an Alexi Ramirez line drive Wednesday, telling Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times that “it’s better than I thought” and “I can move it and anything.”
For now the Angels are leaving open the possibility that Santana won’t even miss a turn in the rotation and he’s slated to pitch again Monday versus the Rockies.
Santana was supposed to throw 45 pitches Wednesday and ended up leaving after just 32, but assuming the injury proves minor he should have plenty of time to get fully stretched out before the season begins.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)