Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Ervin Santana played catch yesterday after being hit on the shoulder by an Alexi Ramirez line drive Wednesday, telling Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times that “it’s better than I thought” and “I can move it and anything.”
For now the Angels are leaving open the possibility that Santana won’t even miss a turn in the rotation and he’s slated to pitch again Monday versus the Rockies.
Santana was supposed to throw 45 pitches Wednesday and ended up leaving after just 32, but assuming the injury proves minor he should have plenty of time to get fully stretched out before the season begins.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)