Mar 16, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Giancarlo Stanton is sidelined by a knee injury now in addition to his sore wrist, and Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports that he “will be out at least for another week” after being diagnosed with inflammation.
Stanton underwent an MRI exam yesterday and the Marlins are saying the injury isn’t major, but Stanton expressed some concern about not having enough at-bats to get ready for Opening Day and may end up squeezing in some extra game action on the minor-league side of camp.
It’s also worth noting that Stanton was unsure how or when he injured the knee, whereas his wrist injury came from being plunked by a pitch over the weekend and is apparently no longer an issue (at least compared to the knee).
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)