Mar 16, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is sidelined by a knee injury now in addition to his sore wrist, and Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports that he “will be out at least for another week” after being diagnosed with inflammation.
Stanton underwent an MRI exam yesterday and the Marlins are saying the injury isn’t major, but Stanton expressed some concern about not having enough at-bats to get ready for Opening Day and may end up squeezing in some extra game action on the minor-league side of camp.
It’s also worth noting that Stanton was unsure how or when he injured the knee, whereas his wrist injury came from being plunked by a pitch over the weekend and is apparently no longer an issue (at least compared to the knee).
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8