Mar 16, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is sidelined by a knee injury now in addition to his sore wrist, and Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports that he “will be out at least for another week” after being diagnosed with inflammation.
Stanton underwent an MRI exam yesterday and the Marlins are saying the injury isn’t major, but Stanton expressed some concern about not having enough at-bats to get ready for Opening Day and may end up squeezing in some extra game action on the minor-league side of camp.
It’s also worth noting that Stanton was unsure how or when he injured the knee, whereas his wrist injury came from being plunked by a pitch over the weekend and is apparently no longer an issue (at least compared to the knee).
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)