Mar 16, 2012, 2:01 PM EST
But apparently things are all better now. Joe Capozzi reports:
Most days after spring training workouts end, the baseball competition continues for Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes.
The $25 million left side of the Marlins’ infield will go to one of their apartments, sit down in front of a television and turn on PlayStation.
“The machine doesn’t allow us to play the same team, so I play with Boston, he plays with the Phillies,’ Reyes said Thursday after the Marlins’ 3-1 win over the New York Mets.
Not that this means anything. My children play Wii together and every other game ends with fights and allegations of cheating. So pardon me if I don’t believe that everything is rosy on the left side of the Marlins infield just yet.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)