Mar 16, 2012, 2:01 PM EDT
But apparently things are all better now. Joe Capozzi reports:
Most days after spring training workouts end, the baseball competition continues for Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes.
The $25 million left side of the Marlins’ infield will go to one of their apartments, sit down in front of a television and turn on PlayStation.
“The machine doesn’t allow us to play the same team, so I play with Boston, he plays with the Phillies,’ Reyes said Thursday after the Marlins’ 3-1 win over the New York Mets.
Not that this means anything. My children play Wii together and every other game ends with fights and allegations of cheating. So pardon me if I don’t believe that everything is rosy on the left side of the Marlins infield just yet.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)