Mar 16, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Jack Curry, formerly of the New York Times and currently of YES, broke the Andy Pettitte story. And apparently he wants everyone to know it. Just check out his Twitter timeline.
That’s only about half of his retweets. And Curry is right to point out how terrible ESPN is about acknowledging the scoops of others. They deserve to be called out for it again and again.
But this is still pretty lame. Curry was a legitimate reporter for a long time, and I’m sure he goes about his job as though he still is. But he broke a Yankees story while working for the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network. That’s at least as much advertising as it is journalism.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)