Mar 16, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Jack Curry, formerly of the New York Times and currently of YES, broke the Andy Pettitte story. And apparently he wants everyone to know it. Just check out his Twitter timeline.
That’s only about half of his retweets. And Curry is right to point out how terrible ESPN is about acknowledging the scoops of others. They deserve to be called out for it again and again.
But this is still pretty lame. Curry was a legitimate reporter for a long time, and I’m sure he goes about his job as though he still is. But he broke a Yankees story while working for the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network. That’s at least as much advertising as it is journalism.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)