Mar 16, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Jack Curry, formerly of the New York Times and currently of YES, broke the Andy Pettitte story. And apparently he wants everyone to know it. Just check out his Twitter timeline.
That’s only about half of his retweets. And Curry is right to point out how terrible ESPN is about acknowledging the scoops of others. They deserve to be called out for it again and again.
But this is still pretty lame. Curry was a legitimate reporter for a long time, and I’m sure he goes about his job as though he still is. But he broke a Yankees story while working for the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network. That’s at least as much advertising as it is journalism.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)