Mar 16, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Jack Curry, formerly of the New York Times and currently of YES, broke the Andy Pettitte story. And apparently he wants everyone to know it. Just check out his Twitter timeline.
That’s only about half of his retweets. And Curry is right to point out how terrible ESPN is about acknowledging the scoops of others. They deserve to be called out for it again and again.
But this is still pretty lame. Curry was a legitimate reporter for a long time, and I’m sure he goes about his job as though he still is. But he broke a Yankees story while working for the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network. That’s at least as much advertising as it is journalism.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17