Mar 16, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
Shannon Magrane advanced to the final 13 of “American Idol,” but the 16-year-old daughter of former big-league pitcher Joe Magrane was voted off the singing competition last night.
Magrane finished in 11th place and her dad made several appearances on the show, thanks in part to his celebrity and in part to Steven Tyler saying creepy things about his underage daughter.
For some reason this FOXNews.com recap of Magrane’s exit amused me:
Magrane took a fatal misstep when she attempted an ambitious ballad, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men’s “One Sweet Day” on Wednesday night’s two-hour live broadcast.
“Shannon’s at her best when she doesn’t push too hard,” mentor Jimmy Iovine explained after reviewing her performance. “Unfortunately, I think she pushed too hard last night. When she pushes, she shows her weaknesses.”
Ozzie Smith’s son, Nikko Smith, finished ninth in Season 4 of “American Idol,” so amazingly Shannon Magrane isn’t even the highest-placing offspring from the 1987 Cardinals.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)