Joe Magrane’s daughter voted off “American Idol”

Mar 16, 2012, 1:13 PM EST

shannon magrane

Shannon Magrane advanced to the final 13 of “American Idol,” but the 16-year-old daughter of former big-league pitcher Joe Magrane was voted off the singing competition last night.

Magrane finished in 11th place and her dad made several appearances on the show, thanks in part to his celebrity and in part to Steven Tyler saying creepy things about his underage daughter.

For some reason this FOXNews.com recap of Magrane’s exit amused me:

Magrane took a fatal misstep when she attempted an ambitious ballad, Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men’s “One Sweet Day” on Wednesday night’s two-hour live broadcast.

“Shannon’s at her best when she doesn’t push too hard,” mentor Jimmy Iovine explained after reviewing her performance. “Unfortunately, I think she pushed too hard last night. When she pushes, she shows her weaknesses.”

Serious business.

Ozzie Smith’s son, Nikko Smith, finished ninth in Season 4 of “American Idol,” so amazingly Shannon Magrane isn’t even the highest-placing offspring from the 1987 Cardinals.

1. The Baseball Idiot - Mar 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I”m really looking forward to the Mariners opening the season.

• nolanwiffle - Mar 16, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I’m really looking forward to Tito Landrum’s parrot competing on American Idol next season!

2. jason1214 - Mar 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I’m really looking forward to ANYONE on Fox with the guts to vote American Idol off………….

3. tdotbronco - Mar 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM

O…M…G. No they diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnt. WHYYYYYY must u play with my emotions A.I. ( that’s short for American idol) that’s how I roll.

4. jimbo1949 - Mar 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Can we vote Buck and McCarver off?

5. jim93402 - Mar 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM

That kid was just as good as her dad…bullpen lifer

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. G. Stanton (5152)