Mar 16, 2012, 9:06 AM EST
This is probably expected given his recent infection/setback/whatever Ruben Amaro wants to call it, but Jon Heyman reports that Ryan Howard‘s projected return date has been pushed back about a month. The expectation at the moment: late May or early June.
Just sayin’ now: the presence of Mayberry and Wigginton notwithstanding, I want lots of Jim Thome at first base. Because Jim Thome is awesome.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)