Mar 16, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
David Lennon of Newsday reports that the Mets are “mulling over medicals” on lefty reliever C.J. Nitkowski.
Which kind of freaks me out. Because unless I’m missing something or unless Baseball-Reference.com is lying to me, Nitkowski hasn’t pitched in the majors for seven years and has been out of organized baseball since 2008. And that was playing in Japan. Indeed, the last we heard from him was when he talked about PEDs and surgery and stuff in a rather provocative and interesting fashion.
So is this a real thing? If so, it’s way more amazing to me than the Andy Pettitte comeback.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 27
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (114)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)