Mar 16, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
David Lennon of Newsday reports that the Mets are “mulling over medicals” on lefty reliever C.J. Nitkowski.
Which kind of freaks me out. Because unless I’m missing something or unless Baseball-Reference.com is lying to me, Nitkowski hasn’t pitched in the majors for seven years and has been out of organized baseball since 2008. And that was playing in Japan. Indeed, the last we heard from him was when he talked about PEDs and surgery and stuff in a rather provocative and interesting fashion.
So is this a real thing? If so, it’s way more amazing to me than the Andy Pettitte comeback.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)