Mar 16, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
David Lennon of Newsday reports that the Mets are “mulling over medicals” on lefty reliever C.J. Nitkowski.
Which kind of freaks me out. Because unless I’m missing something or unless Baseball-Reference.com is lying to me, Nitkowski hasn’t pitched in the majors for seven years and has been out of organized baseball since 2008. And that was playing in Japan. Indeed, the last we heard from him was when he talked about PEDs and surgery and stuff in a rather provocative and interesting fashion.
So is this a real thing? If so, it’s way more amazing to me than the Andy Pettitte comeback.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (138)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)