Picture of the Day: Happy St. Paddy’s from Manny Ramirez

Mar 17, 2012, 10:03 PM EDT

From the official Twitter account of the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats comes this shot of Manny Ramirez wearing a leprechaun hat while signing autographs Saturday in A’s camp:

source:

Manny has a home run and a double but no other hits in 17 plate appearances this spring. The 39-year-old designated hitter is suspended for the first 50 games of the 2012 regular season.

1. drewzducks - Mar 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Tip o’ the needle to ya !

• marshmallowsnake - Mar 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

That was great!

• drewzducks - Mar 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Ha. Thanks. Manny is such an easy target.

2. sjsharksfan11 - Mar 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Get that estrogen and steroid loving cheat out of the game. He’s sickening and fake acting like he enjoys signing autographs too which disgusts me.

• jwbiii - Mar 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM

And you know he doesn’t enjoy making fans happy because?

• watermelon1 - Mar 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I’ve seen this guy go out of his way to high-five a fan DURING a game… then still throw out a runner trying to tag-up. Sure, it was against the Orioles… but that’s besides the point!

If anyone loves the fans, it’s Manny!

3. 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Mar 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

As much as everyone tries to hate Manny, how can you? (rhetorical question, no lists please)

• micker716 - Mar 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Damn caveats.

• Old Gator - Mar 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I thought those went out with bow ties.

4. joeflaccosunibrow - Mar 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM

That’s just Manny being O’Manny

5. Old Gator - Mar 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM

And did I ever tell ye the story o’ Paddy and Clancey and the lame dray? Yes, well ye see Paddy’s dray has pulled up lame and he nowtices that Clancey has a fine lookin’ roan in his paddock that he never seems t’ use, ye see. So Paddy goes and he knocks on Clancey’s door and Clancey emerges and he says “Paddy! So good that yar visitin’ me on this fine summer ahfternoon. And what might I be doin’ for ye today?” And Paddy says Clancey would ye be of a mind to be sellin’ me that fine lookin’ roan in your paddock that ye never seem to use?” And Clancey says well Paddy I would be happy to part with me roan but I don’t think you’d like him much.” And Paddy says well why not, and Clancey says “well, he’s a bit, ye know, idiosyncratic, like.” And Paddy says “Idiosyncratic like? Well what’s that could be wrong with him?” And Clancey says “well, he’s got a funny habit – ye can’t ride him near the heather.” And Paddy asks, “And why not, may I ask ye?” And Clancey says, “it’s like I say – he’s got this funny habit. He likes to sit on quail.” Paddy, he shakes his head and exclaims, “He what???? And Clancey nods and says “yes it’s like I say. He likes to sit on quail. And if ye ride him by the heather and he spots a quail, he’ll sit down on it and ye’ll not get him up for hours if in a day.” So Paddy thinks this on through for a moment and he says “Clancy, look, I’m in a bit o’ a bind here. Me dray pulled up lame and I need me a harse. It’s a fine lookin’ harse ye have. I’ll keep him away from the heather like ye say but would ye please put yourself in mind to sell me the harse?” So Clancey says “alright then Paddy I’ll part with me roan, but I’m warnin’ ye – keep away from the heather, and be averdin’ any garse while you’re at it too.”

So Paddy throws a set on the roan and he’s ridin’ it back to his own farm when they come to a little patch o’ heather, and Paddy thinks, well that Clancey he must have cracked his brain on the sun or some such thing but why chance it? So he pulls the roan around and the detour the heather by crossin’ a little stream. But no sooner are they crossin’ the stream than splat!, the roan suddenly sets down in the water and dumps Paddy on ‘is ‘ed, right on the stones there, and Paddy is wet and muddy and cut and bloody and he’s cursin’ out this harse a blue streak and pullin’ on the reins and the harse is just pullin’ back and goin’ whurrrrfffffffllllllll and shakin its ‘ed and it won’t budge for nobody or nothin’s sake.

So Paddy he’s fit t’ be toyed, and he goes starmin’ back across the paddock and he pounds on Clancey’s door and Clancey comes out and looks at ‘im and he excalims “why Paddy! I warned ye not to go near the heather, didn’t I?” And Paddy says “But we didn’t go near the farkin’ heather! We went round by the stream and he set down in it of a moment just like that and dumped me on me ‘ed and I can’t get his bleedin’ harse’s arse up again!”

And Clancey he just slaps his fore’ed and shakes his ed and he exclaims, “Aw Jaysus Paddy, I am so sorry – I farget to tell ye, he also likes to sit on fish!

• joeflaccosunibrow - Mar 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Sorry, I fell asleep. What did I miss?

• Old Gator - Mar 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Life.

• joeflaccosunibrow - Mar 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Says 48 year old blogger living in mom’s basement…

• Old Gator - Mar 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I’d be delighted to be 48 again. FYI, I blog from the gazebo next to the swimming pool while dining on pan seared sea bass, sauteed fennel and asparagus, and sipping pina coladas. Mom has the advantage of working cheaply, too.

6. jlove42 - Mar 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Someone’s getting their beer koozie signed? Way to go, my fellow Irishmen

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3611)