Mar 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
As first reported by Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, the A’s announced Sunday morning in camp that reliever Joey Devine is going to open the season on the 15-day disabled list due to lingering soreness in his right biceps muscle.
Devine is believed to be making progress, but he has yet to throw a pitch in a Cactus League game and was only recently cleared for mound work.
The 28-year-old right-hander posted a cool 3.52 ERA in 23 innings last year and owns a stellar 2.75 career ERA, but he can’t seem to stay healthy. Devine will be eligible to be activated from the DL on April 8.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3