Mar 18, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
As first reported by Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, the A’s announced Sunday morning in camp that reliever Joey Devine is going to open the season on the 15-day disabled list due to lingering soreness in his right biceps muscle.
Devine is believed to be making progress, but he has yet to throw a pitch in a Cactus League game and was only recently cleared for mound work.
The 28-year-old right-hander posted a cool 3.52 ERA in 23 innings last year and owns a stellar 2.75 career ERA, but he can’t seem to stay healthy. Devine will be eligible to be activated from the DL on April 8.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)