Mar 18, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Yankees setup man David Robertson hasn’t thrown a pitch in a Grapefruit League game since making his debut against the Phillies on March 5. But he should be ready to change that by the end of this week.
According to Sweeny Murti of WFAN, Robertson threw a successful 25-pitch bullpen session Sunday morning in Yankees camp and reported feeling “fine.”
Robertson was shut down for a week after falling down a set of stairs and suffering a foot sprain.
The 26-year-old right-hander registered a dominant 1.08 ERA and 1.13 WHIP in 70 relief appearances last season for the Bombers, striking out 100 batters and issuing only 35 walks across 66 2/3 innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)