Mar 18, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
It was a wild weather day in Arizona on Sunday, as multiple Cactus League games were halted due to rain and hail.
The game between the Rockies and Mariners in Peoria was called in the fifth. The Diamondbacks-Athletics and Padres-Giants games likewise had hail sightings, though those teams continued to play. A’s beat reporter Susan Slusser tweeted that there were “shreiks from [the] crowd as hail hits” there.
After wind wreaked havoc for three innings, the Rangers and Brewers were rained out in the fourth.
The Rockies and Padres didn’t even try playing in Tucson, with that game getting called hours before it was due to start.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 28
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)