Mar 18, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
It was a wild weather day in Arizona on Sunday, as multiple Cactus League games were halted due to rain and hail.
The game between the Rockies and Mariners in Peoria was called in the fifth. The Diamondbacks-Athletics and Padres-Giants games likewise had hail sightings, though those teams continued to play. A’s beat reporter Susan Slusser tweeted that there were “shreiks from [the] crowd as hail hits” there.
After wind wreaked havoc for three innings, the Rangers and Brewers were rained out in the fourth.
The Rockies and Padres didn’t even try playing in Tucson, with that game getting called hours before it was due to start.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million