Mar 18, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
It was a wild weather day in Arizona on Sunday, as multiple Cactus League games were halted due to rain and hail.
The game between the Rockies and Mariners in Peoria was called in the fifth. The Diamondbacks-Athletics and Padres-Giants games likewise had hail sightings, though those teams continued to play. A’s beat reporter Susan Slusser tweeted that there were “shreiks from [the] crowd as hail hits” there.
After wind wreaked havoc for three innings, the Rangers and Brewers were rained out in the fourth.
The Rockies and Padres didn’t even try playing in Tucson, with that game getting called hours before it was due to start.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)