Mar 18, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
It was a wild weather day in Arizona on Sunday, as multiple Cactus League games were halted due to rain and hail.
The game between the Rockies and Mariners in Peoria was called in the fifth. The Diamondbacks-Athletics and Padres-Giants games likewise had hail sightings, though those teams continued to play. A’s beat reporter Susan Slusser tweeted that there were “shreiks from [the] crowd as hail hits” there.
After wind wreaked havoc for three innings, the Rangers and Brewers were rained out in the fourth.
The Rockies and Padres didn’t even try playing in Tucson, with that game getting called hours before it was due to start.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 6
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)