Mar 18, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Good news out of Halos camp in Tempe, Arizona.
Morales has been in recovery mode from an ankle injury for nearly 22 months. He took it easy during the first few weeks of spring training this year but began increasing the intensity of his workouts in early March and was recently cleared to begin taking at-bats in minor league exhibition games.
Morales will serve as the Angels’ primary designated hitter this season if he’s healthy. A 28-year-old from Cuba, he earned MVP votes in 2009 after batting .306/.355/.569 with 34 home runs and 108 RBI.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)