Mar 18, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Polanco jammed the finger Saturday in a Grapefruit League game against the Blue Jays while diving back to first base on a pickoff attempt. He was removed from the batting order and sent straight to the trainer’s table for monitoring. But all is well.
Polanco is considered day-to-day and should be cleared to return to action at some point early this week. The 36-year-old third baseman is 9-for-17 (.529) with three RBI, two runs scored and one stolen base through his first six spring games.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (323)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)