Mar 18, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Polanco jammed the finger Saturday in a Grapefruit League game against the Blue Jays while diving back to first base on a pickoff attempt. He was removed from the batting order and sent straight to the trainer’s table for monitoring. But all is well.
Polanco is considered day-to-day and should be cleared to return to action at some point early this week. The 36-year-old third baseman is 9-for-17 (.529) with three RBI, two runs scored and one stolen base through his first six spring games.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)