Mar 18, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Polanco jammed the finger Saturday in a Grapefruit League game against the Blue Jays while diving back to first base on a pickoff attempt. He was removed from the batting order and sent straight to the trainer’s table for monitoring. But all is well.
Polanco is considered day-to-day and should be cleared to return to action at some point early this week. The 36-year-old third baseman is 9-for-17 (.529) with three RBI, two runs scored and one stolen base through his first six spring games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (86)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)