Mar 18, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Polanco jammed the finger Saturday in a Grapefruit League game against the Blue Jays while diving back to first base on a pickoff attempt. He was removed from the batting order and sent straight to the trainer’s table for monitoring. But all is well.
Polanco is considered day-to-day and should be cleared to return to action at some point early this week. The 36-year-old third baseman is 9-for-17 (.529) with three RBI, two runs scored and one stolen base through his first six spring games.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)