Mar 19, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
Last Sunday, as you may recall, I had a small discussion about the nature of Batman and Superman with Brian Wilson of the San Francisco Giants. The conversation began as Wilson and teammate Tim Lincecum had a debate about whether the Caped Crusader would beat the Man of Steel in a fight.
Well, of course he would, but that’s neither here nor there. What is here is that a reader — Justin Crisostomo — took it upon himself to sketch a picture of Batman (portrayed by Linceum) and Superman (portrayed by Wilson) having a debate. Justin tweeted it and I tweeted it around and it was all great fun.
Today I went out to the mailbox and this was there:
You can’t read the caption because I took the pic in a mirror, but it says “SuperBeard” over Wilson and “Bat Freak” over Lincecum.
Given that Lincecum may be my favorite active player and given that Batman is my favorite everything, this is instantly one of my most prized possessions.
Thanks, Justin. Consider my day made.
Also: if you want your day made too, Justin is selling prints of this.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 1
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 8
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 24
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)