Mar 19, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
Last Sunday, as you may recall, I had a small discussion about the nature of Batman and Superman with Brian Wilson of the San Francisco Giants. The conversation began as Wilson and teammate Tim Lincecum had a debate about whether the Caped Crusader would beat the Man of Steel in a fight.
Well, of course he would, but that’s neither here nor there. What is here is that a reader — Justin Crisostomo — took it upon himself to sketch a picture of Batman (portrayed by Linceum) and Superman (portrayed by Wilson) having a debate. Justin tweeted it and I tweeted it around and it was all great fun.
Today I went out to the mailbox and this was there:
You can’t read the caption because I took the pic in a mirror, but it says “SuperBeard” over Wilson and “Bat Freak” over Lincecum.
Given that Lincecum may be my favorite active player and given that Batman is my favorite everything, this is instantly one of my most prized possessions.
Thanks, Justin. Consider my day made.
Also: if you want your day made too, Justin is selling prints of this.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)