Mar 19, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Last Sunday, as you may recall, I had a small discussion about the nature of Batman and Superman with Brian Wilson of the San Francisco Giants. The conversation began as Wilson and teammate Tim Lincecum had a debate about whether the Caped Crusader would beat the Man of Steel in a fight.
Well, of course he would, but that’s neither here nor there. What is here is that a reader — Justin Crisostomo — took it upon himself to sketch a picture of Batman (portrayed by Linceum) and Superman (portrayed by Wilson) having a debate. Justin tweeted it and I tweeted it around and it was all great fun.
Today I went out to the mailbox and this was there:
You can’t read the caption because I took the pic in a mirror, but it says “SuperBeard” over Wilson and “Bat Freak” over Lincecum.
Given that Lincecum may be my favorite active player and given that Batman is my favorite everything, this is instantly one of my most prized possessions.
Thanks, Justin. Consider my day made.
Also: if you want your day made too, Justin is selling prints of this.
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 0
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 53
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games