Mar 19, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Last Sunday, as you may recall, I had a small discussion about the nature of Batman and Superman with Brian Wilson of the San Francisco Giants. The conversation began as Wilson and teammate Tim Lincecum had a debate about whether the Caped Crusader would beat the Man of Steel in a fight.
Well, of course he would, but that’s neither here nor there. What is here is that a reader — Justin Crisostomo — took it upon himself to sketch a picture of Batman (portrayed by Linceum) and Superman (portrayed by Wilson) having a debate. Justin tweeted it and I tweeted it around and it was all great fun.
Today I went out to the mailbox and this was there:
You can’t read the caption because I took the pic in a mirror, but it says “SuperBeard” over Wilson and “Bat Freak” over Lincecum.
Given that Lincecum may be my favorite active player and given that Batman is my favorite everything, this is instantly one of my most prized possessions.
Thanks, Justin. Consider my day made.
Also: if you want your day made too, Justin is selling prints of this.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 12
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 24
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 66
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)