Cool Free Thing Sent to me of the Day: Lincecum and Wilson as Batman and Superman

Mar 19, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT

Last Sunday, as you may recall, I had a small discussion about the nature of Batman and Superman with Brian Wilson of the San Francisco Giants. The conversation began as Wilson and teammate Tim Lincecum had a debate about whether the Caped Crusader would beat the Man of Steel in a fight.

Well, of course he would, but that’s neither here nor there. What is here is that a reader — Justin Crisostomo — took it upon himself to sketch a picture of Batman (portrayed by Linceum) and Superman (portrayed by Wilson) having a debate. ┬áJustin tweeted it and I tweeted it around and it was all great fun.

Today I went out to the mailbox and this was there:

source:

You can’t read the caption because I took the pic in a mirror, but it says “SuperBeard” over Wilson and “Bat Freak” over Lincecum.

Given that Lincecum may be my favorite active player and given that Batman is my favorite everything, this is instantly one of my most prized possessions.

Thanks, Justin.  Consider my day made.

Also: if you want your day made too, Justin is selling prints of this.

1. Jonny 5 - Mar 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

That’s actually… Cool?

Wow, superhero worship and cool together is just weird.

2. b7p19 - Mar 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Is Batman holding a bowl?

• phukyouk - Mar 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I believe thats the famous, but secretive, BatBowl which batman uses when Robin starts in with his complaints.

3. lapsncaps - Mar 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I am sure they wanted to put “Super Freak” above Timmy, but the idea of being sued by Rick James didn’t sit well.

• jwbiii - Mar 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Rick James: Not suing anyone these days.

• lapsncaps - Mar 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I guess not, I take that back.

• jwbiii - Mar 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

While looking into this, I discovered that Neil Young played briefly in Rick James’ band in 1966.

• jwbiii - Mar 20, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Wow. Somebody likes this. Neil’s the one with the sunsplash hollow body Gibson.

Yanks, Cards and Reds hit with injury bug