Mar 19, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Hunter Pence‘s one-hopper struck Cabrera in the face and the first baseman-turned-third baseman left the field a bloody mess, although he at least did so under his own power and may have actually been saved by the ball hitting his sunglasses.
Chris Iott, who covers the Tigers for MLive.com, wrote that Cabrera was “bleeding as much as I have seen a baseball player bleed.”
Hot corner: Still hot.
UPDATE: Cabrera needs stitches and is also going for X-rays.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 14
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car