Mar 19, 2012, 9:12 AM EST
C.J. Wilson and Mike Napoli are former teammates and now play for division rivals. Mike Napoli recently taunted Wilson, saying that he can’t wait to hit home runs off Wilson. So, naturally, Wilson gets him back in proportional style: by tweeting Napoli’s cell phone to his 100,000+ Twitter followers.
Dave Brown of Big League Stew explains it all. And I gotta agree with Dave here: not cool.
Wilson, one would think, knows as well as anyone how precious the privacy of a well-known baseball player is. And while Wilson defended himself by explaining how easy it is to switch your digits if you need to, it’s still a hassle.
And while I tend to agree with the Mahatma that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, if Napoli can arrange it he should totally try to get Wilson’s number changed to 867-5309.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 40
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)