Mar 19, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
C.J. Wilson and Mike Napoli are former teammates and now play for division rivals. Mike Napoli recently taunted Wilson, saying that he can’t wait to hit home runs off Wilson. So, naturally, Wilson gets him back in proportional style: by tweeting Napoli’s cell phone to his 100,000+ Twitter followers.
Dave Brown of Big League Stew explains it all. And I gotta agree with Dave here: not cool.
Wilson, one would think, knows as well as anyone how precious the privacy of a well-known baseball player is. And while Wilson defended himself by explaining how easy it is to switch your digits if you need to, it’s still a hassle.
And while I tend to agree with the Mahatma that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, if Napoli can arrange it he should totally try to get Wilson’s number changed to 867-5309.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)