Mar 19, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Robinson Cano left last night’s Orioles-Yankees game in the sixth inning after being hit in the left hand. Kind of a scary moment — that kind of thing leads to broken bones and there’s a pretty good argument that he’s the most important dude on that team — but all seems OK. X-rays came back negative.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun tweets that it’s a bruise. He’ll likely miss some time to make the owie go away, but should otherwise be hunky dory.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)