Mar 19, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Robinson Cano left last night’s Orioles-Yankees game in the sixth inning after being hit in the left hand. Kind of a scary moment — that kind of thing leads to broken bones and there’s a pretty good argument that he’s the most important dude on that team — but all seems OK. X-rays came back negative.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun tweets that it’s a bruise. He’ll likely miss some time to make the owie go away, but should otherwise be hunky dory.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)