Mar 19, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
Robinson Cano left last night’s Orioles-Yankees game in the sixth inning after being hit in the left hand. Kind of a scary moment — that kind of thing leads to broken bones and there’s a pretty good argument that he’s the most important dude on that team — but all seems OK. X-rays came back negative.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun tweets that it’s a bruise. He’ll likely miss some time to make the owie go away, but should otherwise be hunky dory.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 41
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)