Mar 19, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
For the most part the Brewers have limited Ryan Braun‘s exposure to unfriendly spring training crowds by playing him almost exclusively at their home ballpark, but he’s still been booed at times there and got a harsh reaction Saturday when he played a rare road game against the Angels.
In addition to downplaying the worries about his 1-for-15 performance at the plate Braun also downplayed the booing, telling Adam McCalvy of MLB.com: “I don’t think anything of it. That’s a story for you guys.”
Braun certainly isn’t the first superstar player to get booed regularly on the road, but it’ll be interesting to see how long that lasts and whether there will be any booing in Milwaukee as well. Maybe if the booing gets loud enough Braun will just decide to pull a Hulk Hogan, add “Hollywood” to his name, and turn heel.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)