Mar 19, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
For the most part the Brewers have limited Ryan Braun‘s exposure to unfriendly spring training crowds by playing him almost exclusively at their home ballpark, but he’s still been booed at times there and got a harsh reaction Saturday when he played a rare road game against the Angels.
In addition to downplaying the worries about his 1-for-15 performance at the plate Braun also downplayed the booing, telling Adam McCalvy of MLB.com: “I don’t think anything of it. That’s a story for you guys.”
Braun certainly isn’t the first superstar player to get booed regularly on the road, but it’ll be interesting to see how long that lasts and whether there will be any booing in Milwaukee as well. Maybe if the booing gets loud enough Braun will just decide to pull a Hulk Hogan, add “Hollywood” to his name, and turn heel.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29