Mar 20, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
No word on the exact terms, but the proposed deal would cover his final pre-arbitration season, all three of his arbitration seasons and at least his first year of free agency. The two sides tabled negotiations earlier this winter, but were discussing a five-year deal with a club option for 2017.
Holland went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 162/67 K/BB ratio over 198 innings last season for the back-to-back AL champion Rangers. The 25-year-old southpaw tied for the American League lead with four shutouts and was outstanding during the second half of the season, posting a 3.06 ERA over his final 14 starts. He also delivered on the big stage during the World Series against the Cardinals, striking out seven over 8 1/3 shutout innings in a Game 4 victory.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)