Mar 20, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
No word on the exact terms, but the proposed deal would cover his final pre-arbitration season, all three of his arbitration seasons and at least his first year of free agency. The two sides tabled negotiations earlier this winter, but were discussing a five-year deal with a club option for 2017.
Holland went 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 162/67 K/BB ratio over 198 innings last season for the back-to-back AL champion Rangers. The 25-year-old southpaw tied for the American League lead with four shutouts and was outstanding during the second half of the season, posting a 3.06 ERA over his final 14 starts. He also delivered on the big stage during the World Series against the Cardinals, striking out seven over 8 1/3 shutout innings in a Game 4 victory.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)