Mar 20, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
I’m watching the Braves-Tigers game. Jair Jurrjens looks awful. Then he threw a first pitch fastball down the middle to Delmon Young, who hit an RBI single. Anyone who pays attention knows that Delmon Young swings at the first pitch. All the damn time. Jurrjens should probably have his pitching license taken away. Bah.
OK, the reason I wrote that is so that no one can yell at me for ignoring baseball content when I link to a post I did last year. I know people hate reruns, but this morning’s link to the T.J. Simers column caused people to ask me why I bother giving that guy the attention I do. Well, I answered that last year, so it’s probably worth saying it again.
The upshot: I’m a naive idealist who still thinks that the professional sporting press should be held accountable, and if it means giving these chipwiches a few thousand extra page views in the process, I don’t care. They can crow about how they’re driving traffic with their controversial approach. I’m content to call out nonsense for the nonsense it is.
OK, thanks for indulging that. Now back the Braves-Tigers game. Ugh … wait, never mind. This is ugly. Is there anyone else I can rip? I can’t watch this.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)