Mar 20, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
I’m watching the Braves-Tigers game. Jair Jurrjens looks awful. Then he threw a first pitch fastball down the middle to Delmon Young, who hit an RBI single. Anyone who pays attention knows that Delmon Young swings at the first pitch. All the damn time. Jurrjens should probably have his pitching license taken away. Bah.
OK, the reason I wrote that is so that no one can yell at me for ignoring baseball content when I link to a post I did last year. I know people hate reruns, but this morning’s link to the T.J. Simers column caused people to ask me why I bother giving that guy the attention I do. Well, I answered that last year, so it’s probably worth saying it again.
The upshot: I’m a naive idealist who still thinks that the professional sporting press should be held accountable, and if it means giving these chipwiches a few thousand extra page views in the process, I don’t care. They can crow about how they’re driving traffic with their controversial approach. I’m content to call out nonsense for the nonsense it is.
OK, thanks for indulging that. Now back the Braves-Tigers game. Ugh … wait, never mind. This is ugly. Is there anyone else I can rip? I can’t watch this.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)