Mar 20, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
I’m watching the Braves-Tigers game. Jair Jurrjens looks awful. Then he threw a first pitch fastball down the middle to Delmon Young, who hit an RBI single. Anyone who pays attention knows that Delmon Young swings at the first pitch. All the damn time. Jurrjens should probably have his pitching license taken away. Bah.
OK, the reason I wrote that is so that no one can yell at me for ignoring baseball content when I link to a post I did last year. I know people hate reruns, but this morning’s link to the T.J. Simers column caused people to ask me why I bother giving that guy the attention I do. Well, I answered that last year, so it’s probably worth saying it again.
The upshot: I’m a naive idealist who still thinks that the professional sporting press should be held accountable, and if it means giving these chipwiches a few thousand extra page views in the process, I don’t care. They can crow about how they’re driving traffic with their controversial approach. I’m content to call out nonsense for the nonsense it is.
OK, thanks for indulging that. Now back the Braves-Tigers game. Ugh … wait, never mind. This is ugly. Is there anyone else I can rip? I can’t watch this.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)