Mar 20, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
Halladay, who had given up five homers in three spring starts, allowed just one extra-base hit, an Adam Jones double, in this one. He struck out five and walked none.
Halladay was working at 87-89 mph while giving up five runs and seven hits in 2 2/3 innings against the Twins six days ago. Today’s radar gun readings were closer to his usual norm; Halladay averaged 91.3 mph with his fastball last year. Phillies fans and fantasy owners should both be pleased.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)