Mar 20, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
Halladay, who had given up five homers in three spring starts, allowed just one extra-base hit, an Adam Jones double, in this one. He struck out five and walked none.
Halladay was working at 87-89 mph while giving up five runs and seven hits in 2 2/3 innings against the Twins six days ago. Today’s radar gun readings were closer to his usual norm; Halladay averaged 91.3 mph with his fastball last year. Phillies fans and fantasy owners should both be pleased.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)