Mar 20, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
So much for Aaron Crow‘s transition from reliever to starter.
Soria was diagnosed with a damaged ulnar collateral ligament and might be headed for Tommy John surgery, which would move Jonathan Broxton or Greg Holland into the closer role and create a setup man opening for Crow.
Crow made the All-Star team as a rookie reliever last season and finished with a 2.76 ERA and 65/31 K/BB ratio in 65 innings, but the 25-year-old right-hander was a starter in college and the minors. However, he posted a 5.26 ERA in 32 starts as a minor leaguer and there was some skepticism about whether Crow had the off-speed stuff to thrive as a starter. And now we may never find out.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)