Mar 20, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun was a late scratch from today’s game with a strained groin and manager Ron Roenicke revealed that the reigning MVP has been playing through the injury for several weeks.
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the injury “flared up yesterday after Braun started against the Rangers.”
Braun is expected to sit out tomorrow as well and the Brewers have Thursday off, so he won’t be back in the lineup before Friday.
Braun, whose 50-game suspension was overturned last month, has played at least 150 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)