Mar 20, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun was a late scratch from today’s game with a strained groin and manager Ron Roenicke revealed that the reigning MVP has been playing through the injury for several weeks.
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the injury “flared up yesterday after Braun started against the Rangers.”
Braun is expected to sit out tomorrow as well and the Brewers have Thursday off, so he won’t be back in the lineup before Friday.
Braun, whose 50-game suspension was overturned last month, has played at least 150 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)