Mar 20, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Ryan Braun was a late scratch from today’s game with a strained groin and manager Ron Roenicke revealed that the reigning MVP has been playing through the injury for several weeks.
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the injury “flared up yesterday after Braun started against the Rangers.”
Braun is expected to sit out tomorrow as well and the Brewers have Thursday off, so he won’t be back in the lineup before Friday.
Braun, whose 50-game suspension was overturned last month, has played at least 150 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)