Mar 20, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Ryan Braun was a late scratch from today’s game with a strained groin and manager Ron Roenicke revealed that the reigning MVP has been playing through the injury for several weeks.
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the injury “flared up yesterday after Braun started against the Rangers.”
Braun is expected to sit out tomorrow as well and the Brewers have Thursday off, so he won’t be back in the lineup before Friday.
Braun, whose 50-game suspension was overturned last month, has played at least 150 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)