Mar 20, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
No, this isn’t based on any insight or news or tips or even any gossip. It’s based on this:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 20, 2012
Before that, I would have said that Ruben Amaro was probably inclined to wait out Chase Utley‘s injury, play Freddy Galvis at second base, get through the early, easy part of their schedule — 30 of their first 39 games come against sub-.500 teams — and remember that the team still won 102 games last season without Utley in the lineup for a large stretch of it.
But now? Man, if I’ve learned anything about how general managers operate these past few years, it’s that they only talk about how they’re comfortable with a guy taking over for an All-Star is when they’re trying to make it seem slightly less obvious to the other GMs that they’re really wanting to trade.
I know your game, Amaro. Your ninja tricks won’t work on me!
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 26
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)