Mar 20, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
No, this isn’t based on any insight or news or tips or even any gossip. It’s based on this:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 20, 2012
Before that, I would have said that Ruben Amaro was probably inclined to wait out Chase Utley‘s injury, play Freddy Galvis at second base, get through the early, easy part of their schedule — 30 of their first 39 games come against sub-.500 teams — and remember that the team still won 102 games last season without Utley in the lineup for a large stretch of it.
But now? Man, if I’ve learned anything about how general managers operate these past few years, it’s that they only talk about how they’re comfortable with a guy taking over for an All-Star is when they’re trying to make it seem slightly less obvious to the other GMs that they’re really wanting to trade.
I know your game, Amaro. Your ninja tricks won’t work on me!
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)