Mar 20, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
No, this isn’t based on any insight or news or tips or even any gossip. It’s based on this:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 20, 2012
Before that, I would have said that Ruben Amaro was probably inclined to wait out Chase Utley‘s injury, play Freddy Galvis at second base, get through the early, easy part of their schedule — 30 of their first 39 games come against sub-.500 teams — and remember that the team still won 102 games last season without Utley in the lineup for a large stretch of it.
But now? Man, if I’ve learned anything about how general managers operate these past few years, it’s that they only talk about how they’re comfortable with a guy taking over for an All-Star is when they’re trying to make it seem slightly less obvious to the other GMs that they’re really wanting to trade.
I know your game, Amaro. Your ninja tricks won’t work on me!
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 45
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)