Mar 20, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The Phillies are already missing 3/4 of their infield due to injuries. Now it looks like the carnage is extending to the backup infielders too: Michael Martinez has a broken bone in his foot.
Freddy Galvis is suddenly the starting second baseman, so he’s not a bench infield option, which means that the Phillies are gonna need some utility help soon.
And maybe an armed escort for Jimmy Rollins.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)