Mar 20, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The Phillies are already missing 3/4 of their infield due to injuries. Now it looks like the carnage is extending to the backup infielders too: Michael Martinez has a broken bone in his foot.
Freddy Galvis is suddenly the starting second baseman, so he’s not a bench infield option, which means that the Phillies are gonna need some utility help soon.
And maybe an armed escort for Jimmy Rollins.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)