Mar 20, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The Phillies are already missing 3/4 of their infield due to injuries. Now it looks like the carnage is extending to the backup infielders too: Michael Martinez has a broken bone in his foot.
Freddy Galvis is suddenly the starting second baseman, so he’s not a bench infield option, which means that the Phillies are gonna need some utility help soon.
And maybe an armed escort for Jimmy Rollins.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)